So as expected, my dog's illness set me back a lot this week (he's doing fine by the way, just needs to get a tooth pulled). That being said, I did end up accomplishing roughly the same amount that I accomplished the last sprint. So it seems that it might just be the case that I bit off more than I could chew.
So for this upcoming sprint, I am going to keep things simple. I'll be scoping out about half as much work. My focus will be on the combat system as I've previously mentioned. I plan on getting a few existing bugs with it out of the way before moving on to more advanced features relating to it.
I didn't finish all of the behaviors for the merchant buying/selling system, but I don't want to tack it on for this sprint as I think it is going to be a little complicated and I want to make sure I get through all tasks related to the combat system. So the remaining features relating to the merchant system will be put on hold till sprint 4.
So it's been a while since I made an update. I missed last week's end of the sprint update.
I've been a little busier with school. Luckily, I've been allowed to continue the development of this game as an independent study for the semester, so I will presumably have more time going forward to complete work in a more timely manner.
I didn't get too much done. I started on spin attack and I tweaked some UI.
Not much to demo here that I haven't already shown. I worked mostly on the backend this week. I fell short of my goal by a small margin. I was hoping to complete the basic player combat system this week, but it looks like it is going to get bumped to next week. That being said, I got a lot of the heavy lifting done for the user interface in the last week or so and soon I will be able to move on to more interesting game mechanics.
Here is a snapshot of the development cycle burndown chart. As you can see, I bit off a lot (maybe a little more than I could handle in just 7 days) but development looks pretty good. Only 1 card remaining out of 7 for the week.
This a shot of what is on the table for development this week. (8/9 tp 8/16). I've actually bitten even more off this week, but I am really psyched to get a few of these features done, so I am going to challenge myself.
ChangelogLinked statistical information to character.Added a functional stats screen for keeping track of pl…